Are you looking for ways to wash crystals? You’re at the right article. Whether you’re a beginner crystal collector or veteran crystal collector, washing your crystals is an essential part of the process. Based on your personal preference and the availability of resources, there are multiple ways to go about it.
Crystals function as energetic sponges to absorb and purify trapped negative energy inside. You can use water, light, air, brown rice, sage, visualization, or even sound to wash crystals. Depending upon the type of crystals, you can choose different techniques to clean your crystals. Cleaning your crystals help in dissipating the unwanted energies that abide within them and restores their healing ability.
While these tiny gemstones can be miraculous and powerful, they too have a limit, just like us. This article will discuss how to wash crystals and other vital aspects to consider when revitalizing clean crystals.
Why Should You Wash Crystals?
Since the crystals interact with other objects, crystals, and humans, their vibrations get reflected on them. To avoid these unwelcome vibes absorbed in your gemstone from the environment, you should always try to keep your crystals clean.
You can also see the discoloration caused to your gemstone due to its regular use or wear. The mystic explanation for this is the emission of an unbalanced aura from a low-frequency vibration. This affects the vibrations of your crystals, in turn, tuning them out. The elementary particles of the crystals get affected by the change in the vibration. This leads to the changing of their color and vibrations.
As the crystals can store low-frequency energies, it is essential to wash crystals regularly.
How to Wash Crystals
There are various ways for you to wash crystals. Some most prevalent and accessible methods are.
The first method is the water method.
- Prepare a small bowl of mild soap and warm water.
- Using your fingertips, scrub your crystals gently.
- Rinse the water and add them to a new bowl of cool water to remove any remaining soapy materials.
- Use a clean towel to dry the crystals and remove any water on them.
- To ensure the clean crystals are completely dried, keep them out in the sun for about an hour or so.
- After the crystals are dry, you can start using them again.
Keeping the crystals in direct sunlight for an extended time is not recommended. You can also use bright light for the process to avoid this. Direct sunlight can cause mold growth on your stones due to the moistures present and shorten their life cycle.
The second method is through light and air. This process is only recommended for hard stones, not soft stones like Selenite and Gypsum.
The best time to wash crystals using this method is during daylight. Artificial lighting doesn’t provide the required amount of ultraviolet rays to vaporize the moisture from your stone.
- Soak your crystals in a mixture of mild soap and warm salt water for 10-15 minutes.
- After the water is absorbed thoroughly, rinse it with cool running tap water.
- Towel dry your crystal gently.
- Place it under the ultraviolet light until it gets fully parched.
If you don’t live in an area with proper sunlight, you can also use a desk lamp instead. It too works well to remove any impurities or moisture from the stone. You’ll need to keep the crystal under the desk lamp for a more extended period as compared to sunlight.
The third method is by the use of boiling water. To remove dust from the crystals, we can also put the crystals in the hot boiling water. Use of iron pot or stainless steel is recommended. This method best suits crystals like malachite, azurite, fluorite, selenite, turquoise, moonstone, stibnite, and other soft stones.
- Ensure to keep the crystals dry before you boil them.
- Fill a pan with three inches of water and place it on the stove.
- After the water simmers, add your crystal gently into the pan.
- Keep the crystals in the water for not more than 5 minutes.
- Use a pair of clean tongs to pick the crystals out from the water.
- Rinse it with cool water for a minute till it feels smooth to your hands.
You can also use a toothbrush to scrub the surface in case of any leftover dirt on the stones. It is important to note that some crystals might lose their color when put in a pot of boiling water. This includes crystals like fluorite, moonstone, and malachite. These color changes to the stones will be temporary if the crystals are genuine.
While the above methods are some of the standard techniques to wash crystals and bring them back to use. Some other processes used in cleaning crystals are,
Hold the mineral in your dominant hand, and inhale deeply. Bring the crystal closer to your face and exhale powerful, short breaths.
This method works best for protective stones like black tourmaline. For this, bury your stone deep inside the bowl of brown rice. After cleansing, dispose of the rice, and you have your crystal free from any negative energies.
Ignite the tip of your sage near an open window or outdoors. Hold your crystal in your dominant hand and move it through the smoke for 30 seconds. This method will help disperse all the negative energy with the smoke.
Using sounds like singing bowls, chanting, or a tuning fork, you can emit loud sounds that can encompass easily through the stones. This method works best for people who have multiple crystals in their homes.
Things to Remember While Cleaning Your Crystals
It’s not advisable to wash crystals using abrasive cleaners like toothpaste, bleach, vinegar, or hydrogen peroxide. Using them can erode your crystal. You should also ensure no water gets into your clean crystals while drying. This is because excess moisture in the stones can crack them.
Other essential points to remember when cleaning your crystals are,
- Use only mild soap or dishwashing liquid to wash crystals.
- If the dirt on the crystals is persistent, use an old toothbrush.
- After cleaning, ensure to air dry them before keeping them back into the boxes.
- Avoid direct sun exposure to avoid color fade from stones.
- Ensure to check the suitable method for your crystal, as washing can damage some stones like quartz.
- Avoid any use of hard chemicals during the process. Natural tap water works just as fine.
- Since most natural stones are porous, don’t keep them in water for too long to avoid cracking.
How to Activate Your Crystals?
The power in your crystals comes after they’re dedicated to your specific choice of purpose. The right time to do it is after you have cleaned your crystals. There are multiple effective processes to follow for the energetic activation of your crystals.
You can do this by singing or talking to it. Additionally, you can use your breathwork to transfer the essential energy required by your crystal. Interacting with your stone helps in reactivating it and goes a long way.
Using the crystal’s counterparts to create an activation grid also helps activate the energy. You can use any stones that suit you the best and surround your clean crystals with them to absorb all the vibrations.
You can also take your crystal out with you to a beach or a park. The stones have a powerful effect after they soak up energies from natural sources.
To obtain the most out of your crystals, you must make sure to keep them clean and programmed with your intent. With the techniques mentioned, you can quickly learn how to wash crystals and revive them by activating energies into them.
You should find an approach that best fits you for cleaning crystals. Taking these small steps can help you be more aware of your relations with your stones and others around you.